Below are some frountcrwal drills that you can put into every swim session for example (4x50 as 25m drill, 25m swim)( 4x100 25drill, 25 swim x2) When doing this only think about one drill at a time.
- Improve catch and feel for the water
- Scull with both arms symmetrically just wider than your shoulders and back into the middle, changing angle of hands, keeping pressure on the water, fingertips about 30cm below surface and lower than wrist lower than elbow lower than shoulder, with pull buoy to isolate your arms
- Focuses on the phase of the stroke between the catch and pull through, under the head, helps correct a wide S shape or straight arm pull through.
- Scull with both arms symmetrically just wider than your shoulders and back into the middle, changing angle of hands, keeping pressure on the water, fingertops about 60cm below surface face forward or down, with pull buoy to isolate your arms.
- Elbows stable
- Developing the final phase of the arm pull through, saving up a bent elbow exit from the water (150° approx.) and prevent elbow pain when swimming freestyle
- Use a pull buoy, face in the water, keep your elbows fixed by your side and push the water with alternate arms from underneath your shoulders back to your hips, using your hands and forearms, recover under the water
- Powerful for developing feel for the water and bent elbow catch, rhythm and timing and keeping hand in line with shoulder throughout catch and pull phase
- Using pull buoy, alternate catch and pull strokes through to the hip, recovering underwater, extend and catch in line with shoulder by putting the wrist and bending your elbow, no pauses
- Reach and roll
- Kick on side
- Helps you develop good posture, alignment, catch set up and rotation
- Kick on your side rotated to 90°, drawing your shoulder blades together and back, keeping hand in line with shoulder with finger’s below wrist below elbow
- Shoulders back, chest forward
- Helps develop your alignment, posture and catch set up potion while introducing a stroke 6 kicks on the side, stroke and rotate, breathe and 6 kicks on the other side 6 kicks-strokebreathe-6 kicks
- Both developing your posture and alignment in the water as well as rotation, catch set up position and full stroke arm aiming 6 kicks on the side, take three strokes and breathe, 6 kicks on the other side 6 kicks-3-breathe-6 kicks